Wild Digital, Southeast Asia’s premier digital conference, is known for bringing together the region’s most successful and exciting Internet leaders, covering the region’s biggest deals and most compelling topics. This year’s conference will be held on June 8th and 9th at Le Meridien, Kuala Lumpur.
Dato’ Yasmin Mahmood, CEO of Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), a holistic, government-owned agency pioneering the transformation of Malaysia’s digital economy joins the elite line up of Wild Digital 2016 speakers to share her growth strategies for Malaysia’s digital economy.
MDEC is a key force driving Malaysia’s digital economy transformation, focussed on attracting foreign direct investments into the country. The agency has made great strides in the execution of their Digital Economy strategy, and has been responsible for securing US$ 67.72 billion worth of investments into the country.
Business Insider sits with Dato’ Yasmin leading up to Wild Digital to get an early insight, with our 15 questions series.
1. If you were a superhero, what would your trait or power be?
To fly like a bird.
2. What are the top 3 apps on your phone?
FlipBoard, Star and Maybank2u.
3. If you could tell your 18-year old self one thing, what would it be?
Chill, and enjoy the journey.
4. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Climbing the corporate ladder, in stilettos.
5. What is the most important trait of a successful person?
6. What was your first business venture?
Selling Volvo cars.
7. If you could pitch to one person, who would it be?
8. What is the most exciting thing about your job?
Working with super smart and super committed people.
9. What was the biggest lesson you’ve learnt and how has it impacted the way you work?
You are as good as the people you have in your team. So hiring, developing and inspiring the best people are the most important things you need to do.
10. What do you look for in a company when deciding on your next venture?
That I’ll be empowered to make a difference to the country.
11. What is your BHAG?
That Malaysia will have our version of Elon Musk – the innovator who pushes the limit and can inspire future generations.
12. What are the key components to building a successful Internet company?
Ability to quickly scale across ASEAN countries.
13. What do you think is the hottest vertical in the region right now?
14. What is the most exciting trend emerging in the region right now?
Convergence of BDA, IOT and the platform economy.
15. What are you looking forward to at Wild Digital this year?
Meeting smart and crazy people who want to change the world.
The post Wild Digital presents 15 questions with Dato’ Yasmin Mahmood appeared first on Business Insider.